Monday, April 25, 2011

Rob Rossi Says Evgeni Malkin Could Return for Playoffs


Since I absolutely refused to post anything regarding that 8-2 debacle that was Game 5, I overlooked this gem of an article by Rob Rossi.



At this point, anybody who claims to know how to read these daily developments of the Penguins’ injured superstar centers (Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) is jerking you around. I don’t, and I’m in direct contact with their respective camps and team officials. As I informed a local media colleague Saturday during Game 5 at Consol Energy Center – truly, I don’t know what to believe anymore about the respective statuses of Crosby (concussion) and Malkin (right knee). All I can offer is this from a person with longtime ties to the organization. This person told me Saturday that – based off what he’s been told – he would expect Malkin back before Crosby this postseason.

Well then, that certainly came out of left field, didn't it?

To follow up on that, Mike Prisuta of the DVE Morning Show asked head coach Dan Blysma if he would rule Malkin out for the playoffs.  Blysma would only respond by saying where Geno is in his rehab, he did not say "yes, he's definitely out until next season."

What does this mean?  I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment